Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I THINK. . .




Life isn’t particularly short.  I mean, you get to live for countless hours and minutes and seconds. Well, if you feel seconds are too small an entity to be counted upon then you should better think of “moments” which I feel are even shorter but then don’t you say “your happiest moment in life”, “your moment of glory” and all that.  So we do actually have a lot of time in our hands and when you are reading this you actually are letting by the seconds from the bag of your life.  But then, don’t think of this as a time waste because the greatest enlightenments, the weirdest thoughts, the mind bending arguments and useful realisations, all strike up in a moment of nothingness.  

Sitting alone by the side of my window and feeling the light on one cheek and keeping the other in dark and just letting the darkness and light within myself to fight amongst themselves sometimes puts me into a mode of peace and sublime satisfaction. Between drizzles, during power cuts, during moments of loneliness, during silenced afternoons and haunted nights, during wasted evenings and tiresome post dinner sessions (oh please, do not interpret the lines like the ones in those Hindi movies, that said ‘Kabhi kabhi mere dil mein khayal aata hai’ or ‘mein aur meri tanhai’ blah blah . .), I have often had sweet encounters with my thought process that finally made me write this. I don’t count these ornamented moments to be a waste of precious moments but rather it makes me happy that someday I was mad enough to think about these. 
I think. . . 
  1. The numerous fairness creams being sold in the market are the worst instances of racism. 
  2. The only way to ban smoking is cease the sale of cigarettes.  Banning it in public places is just ridiculous and government’s own way of saying, rather shouting that  “we care for your health as long as you are in the public’s eyes, so please find secluded locations and don’t be spotted smoking”
  3. STAR WARS was nothing but George Lucas showing off SFX effects. 
  4. Love doesn’t make you blind.  You were blind.  That is why you fell in love.  Well, if it opens your eyes or not is a different issue. 
  5. God is the most misused word.  Bomb blasts, extortions, riots, wars all just in the name of God or may be gods. (I don’t think I should capitalise ‘G’ in God because he isn’t one, there are so many)
  6. Sorry is the most over exaggerated word.  It has lost its importance since time immemorial. I mean, you use the same word when you accidentally nudge someone and when you have really hurt someone with your miscalculated words. It’s like using the same bar of soap for cleansing your face and doing the after-work.  It’ll clean no doubt but err. . . 
  7. Saying that yourself is a cool person is the most uncool thing to do.  I still don’t have an idea, since when this word has been used for living beings?
  8. Sachin is the God (I will capitalise G here.  There can be just one Sachin Tendulkar) of cricket.  But, he could not have been one had he played for any other country.  I don’t blame him nor do I blame India.  But yes, we are a bunch of maniacs who are driven by cricket, the sensex and the Bollywood.  India is great. 
  9. Police in India scares a normal people more than a culprit.  
  10. Foreign tourists being harassed is the best justification of the tagline “Incredible India”
  11. Man is too immature to handle something so advanced like the brain. God’s biggest mistake was to give each one a different brain. Else, there would have been peace. 
  12. Natural disasters and man made holocausts are not that bad.  They are the most effective ways of uniting people. 
  13. I am the worst pig to have forcibly made you read twelve stupid thoughts of mine.  But you have time people. You can do something less stupid now.  Life isn’t that short, you know. 

4 comments:

Amit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amit said...

Niiiceee...

Obviously, the world is a mad yet not-so-bad world. Your thought waves have soared to many shores. You really think quite well, though it dint mean that what all you think was all well. Keep up the good work and keep thinking Aristotle! LOL :)

Qanit Takmeel said...

Good one... I couldn't help but have a smile on my lips as I read the 13th point??? Did you intend to make it 13 because of its significance or did it happen because it is significant???

Great going buddy...

akd said...

good writing buddy....

If everybody has the same brain, there might be peace, might be war.....we might be living like dogs or lions.....