Saturday, April 12, 2008

True colours


I am peaceful today, cool, calm, collected and composed.
I am blue, the lovely refreshing blue of a calm ocean. Other people talk about "feeling blue" and "blue Monday", but my blue is the sky making friends with the sun and cotton-puff clouds; it’s the colour of welcome water in a heat wave.
Red is inside me too. My red is not the usual angry red everyone talks about of; its a happy red, rising up inside me like a great ball of fire, exploding into the air, and spurting forth small flames of laughter; the red of a clown’s nose; the red of the symbolic heart, storing love and happiness. It is the same red glow I see at sunset, a red that is so very rare, but I have discovered it.
There is green as well. Not the green of jealousy, but the green I feel and see when I am close to nature. My green grows in me like a young tree. Green is life when you watch winter branches become heavy with green leaves in spring.
Black is supposed to be dark, dull and gloomy-a dead colour. My black mood takes hold of me when I feel the need to show I can be sophisticated. It can be shiny, glittering, stunning. Black is not a reminder of storms; black is the sky at night, sparkling with stars, carrying the moon on a silken thread; an evening dress studded with diamonds.
My silver is a special colour of adventure and excitement; the stars at night; a jet in flight, the sun chasing it, making it shine. It is dangerous, an exciting silver of flashing swords and chasing "en garde" cries!
And, finally, white! I am saving it for my special day; then my white will be clouds, a long dress and a veil, a white bouquet, a white cake,. My white will be heaven, a honeymoon and love. My white will be special. My white will be shared

3 comments:

Amit said...

... read it, re-read it and dunno y still admire the last few words.(tho i wish it was red than white).
I think B2 bhai's comeback (debut blog) shows tooo explicitly his source of inspiration.

etymofreak said...

You know i read this article everytime i visit your blog. It is a manifestation of everybody's dreams, whether or not they have realised it or they are not eloquent enough to realise it... You are truly an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I love colors and this post is an added reason.